Wednesday 4 September 2013

LIBRARIES AND HERITAGE SPELLING BEE COMPETITION

There is a very interesting young girl in my class this year, her name is Natasja Ludidi. During my lesson she would hide her book under my Social Science Textbook, I always acted as if i didn't see her book until they wrote my first test in which she got the highest mark, She really surprised me and I decided not to worry her.


In August 2013 The Reaching Out Libraries Development organised a competition called "Libraries and Heritage Spelling Bee Competition" at Westville Civic Centre in Durban. Assisted by Mrs R. Reddy her English Educator ,Natasja entered the competition. She competed against 30 contestants from 10 districts and she came in second place, in the first round of the competition. She feels very proud of herself as she won a voucher of stationery kit, a medal and a certificate. On 2 September which was the last round of the competition ,she made it to 8th place. " She says I was a bit disappointed but I did very well and I would like to thank my teacher ,the school and the Department of Education and Culture for this opportunity"
                                 
                                                          CONGRATULATIONS NATASJA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment