Tuesday 3 September 2013

HUNT ROAD SECONDARY TALENT



Hunt Road Secondary has got a lot of talented learners, This week I interviewed two Matric learners for my blog.











Nhlanhla Shelembe (17)
Captain of the first soccer team is one of the most talented players in the school. In 2012 he won the award of best player and the best defender of the season. He also assisted the team in a number of ways including coaching.
Although the school is under resourced Nhlanhla is a committed and dedicated player, some of the moments that inspired and motivated him was when he played in the Metropolitan Cup and Motsepe Cup. "One of the greatest  moments was when Mark Davis (The former Captain Of Manning Rangers) visited the school to coach us" Says Nhlanhla.
Nhlanhla and Mark Davis
"2013 was not a great year for football as we didn't play the league matches due to problems in our association, but I will miss school my teammates were like family, I wish all the best and great year of football in 2014, I've played well alongside Madi Hebeshe, Mkhelele and Nkomo."


Luthando Gumede (17)
The President of the RCL. A long jumper says he would have liked to see more sports at Hunt Road being introduced but the school is very small ,there are no grounds but Hunt Road learners never miss opportunities ,they use whatever resources that are available. "This is my last year at Hunt Road secondary but I would like the school to be developed so that learners can show their talent , I would like to see some learners in the national teams in the future "

1 comment:

  1. charmaine aka skinny jean RCL deputy president of hunt road sec13 September 2014 at 11:16

    wow big ups 2 our late miss ngeleka who enforsed this and i would also like 2 see a little bit of improvement

    ReplyDelete