Monday 28 April 2014

OUR FIRST LEAGUE MATCH, Hunt vs Holy Family

On Friday 25 April 2014, we played our first league match against Holy Family College, we scored two goals but my boy's celebration was short lived when Holy Family introduced new players who scored two equalizers. The second half of the game was really tough, my boys were left with no choice but to defend in order to go away with at least one point, and just before we departed from school, Miguel, our defender sustained an injury while they were warming up on our small field so things weren't really looking good at all, but Sifiso Mzobe an under 16 captain saved the day.
Lwazi Dlamini
Sbusiso Miya a grade 9 learner proved to be the best goalkeeper, he reminded me of Kaiser Chiefs goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune as he saved dangerous goals from Holy Family boys. Mr Mangiza, their coach has a very strong team especially his number 10 and number 7, they gave my boys a hard time and they have made them realize that a good training is essential.
We have also discovered a young grade 8 goalscorer, Lwazi Dlamini, he is very talented, just good training will take him to places.
This year I have been blessed with Mr Zikalala my colleague who is very supportive, the boys need someone with good knowledge of soccer   however last year 2013 was better as Nhlanhla, the captain assisted them.
I appeal to Hunt Road old boys to come back and help if you are taking a gap year, you can kill your time by coaching the guys. My blog is not for asking for donations but Hunt Road Old Boys you can please assist us with soccer balls,bandages, rubbing stuff and smaller items to keep us going, we do not have a sponsor at the moment.
Our next match will be Hunt Road vs Durban Academy. I will keep you posted and thank you for supporting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment